EPC7 funding opportunities for PhD students and Early Career Investigators
1. Scholarships for members of European Phycological societies, members of Federation of European Phycological Societies
What do we offer?
4 student scholarships for participation in the 7 European Phycological Congress. The amount of a scholarship is a student’s registration fee.
Who can apply?
All PhD students that are regular members of societies who has regulated their FEPS membership status. The call is open until 1 March 2019. Please send us your application to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – with a note – FEPS scholarships for EPC7.
The application must include: Curriculum vitae, publication list (if any), Letter of intent, abstract, confirmation that they are members of respective society and paid the fee for 2019. Incomplete and out of deadline applications will not be considered. All complete submissions will be forwarded to the EPC7 Chairs of the Scientific Committee which will make the selection of candidates.
2. Scholarships for members of the Croatian Botanical Society
3. DNAqua-Net ITC Conference Grants for any e-COST user who is a PhD student or an Early Career Investigator (i.e. max. 8 years after obtaining the PhD) and is affiliated with an institution located in an ITC country participating in DNAqua-Net can submit an application request for an ITC Conference Grant. To be eligible, you must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD student or postdoctoral fellow and actively contribute to the conference (either by an oral or poster presentation) with a topic related to the goals of DNAqua-Net.
4. The British Phycological Society has set aside funds to support student projects, students attending the Society’s Annual Meeting and other meetings specifically concerned with algal biology.
5. International Phycological Society – The Paul C. Silva Student Grants for Travel or Research for members of IPS.