The 7th European Phycological Congress includes plenary presentations, a series of symposia, contributed papers and posters that will cover a broad range of topics spanning from algal diversity, ecology, genomics, cell biology and applied phycology. The scientific sessions include 16 Symposia that cover a broad range of topics spanning from algal diversity, ecology, genomics, cell biology, and applied phycology. Each symposium is organized by two conveners and includes two key-note speakers and a series of contributed papers (participants to the conference are asked to select the symposia within which they would like to present their contributions). Two mini-workshops, Chlorophyll fluorescence as a popular tool to study the physiological status and Handling large genomic datasets are planned for Wednesday morning. The symposia include key-note speakers as well as contributed papers. Two additional symposia will include the a joint session on European Funding in the area of excellent research, including Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) and the European Research Council (ERC) and we plan to have a special session for Early Career Scientists (Ph.D. students and post-docs) presenting funding opportunities for their research and a meeting with editors of phycological scientific journals.
For the detailed programme updates, please scroll down below.
We are pleased to inform you that the Abstract Book for EPC7 is available at European Journal of Phycology platform:
1. (2019) Seventh European Phycological Congress, European Journal of Phycology, 54:sup1, 1-27 https://doi.org/10.1080/09670262.2019.1626610
2. (2019) Plenary Lectures, European Journal of Phycology, 54:sup1, 28-29 https://doi.org/10.1080/09670262.2019.1626624
3. (2019) Public Lecture, European Journal of Phycology, 54:sup1, 30-30 https://doi.org/10.1080/09670262.2019.1626626
4. (2019) Keynote and Oral Papers, European Journal of Phycology, 54:sup1, 31-117 To https://doi.org/10.1080/09670262.2019.1626627
5. (2019) Posters, European Journal of Phycology, 54:sup1, 1-109 https://doi.org/10.1080/09670262.2019.1626628
6. (2019) Index, European Journal of Phycology, 54:sup1, 235-243 https://doi.org/10.1080/09670262.2019.1628508
Additional abstracts can be found here:
Maximum poster size is A0 (841 x 1189 mm), portrait orientation. We assigned unique ID number to each poster presentation, which can be found in pdf document: List of poster presentations. This ID number links your poster to a panel in the poster room, where you will hang it. Attachment materials will be provided by the organizers.
All posters should be hanged Sunday 25.08.2019 or latest Monday 26.08.2019. in the morning until 12:00. The posters will be displayed throughout the conference and should be removed until Friday 30.08.2019 10:30 a.m. (until the end of the plenary lecture).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTERS
Oral presentations are limited to maximum of 30 minutes for key-note speakers (25 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for questions) and 15 minutes for the other presentations (10-12 minutes for presentation and 3-5 minutes for questions).
Presentations should be prepared in Microsoft Office PowerPoint (MS Office, version 365) or PDF. No other presentation format will be supported. Presentations that are located in the OLEANDER room should be prepared in 16:9 aspect ratio, those in PARIS and EMERALD rooms in 4:3 aspect ratio.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THE ORAL PRESENTERS!!